Dania Beach, Florida
Senior Hardware QA Engineer
Dania Beach, Florida
Plum is the first appliance to transform wine consumption at home and in hotel rooms, letting consumers enjoy any bottle of wine – one perfect glass at a time. We believe the future is a Plum in every wine lover’s home or built into their kitchen cabinetry with the ability to dispense a glass, share the winery story, or re-order a bottle – all at a touch.
Plum is looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to oversee hardware quality for one of the most advanced consumer appliances ever built. This person will develop and execute a testing methodology, propose design changes, component spec changes, testing automation and anything else required to ensure product quality.
QA Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, root cause investigations and corrective action verification and implementation.
The QA Engineer’s role plays an important part in Plum’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests during prototype phases and before product launches to ensure hardware runs smoothly and per specification, while being cost-effective. After launch, they will be working in parallel with hardware engineers to ensure new component qualification.
The QA Engineer will monitor and review all stages of new product development to identify and resolve system and component malfunctions to meet quality standards and requirements.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide feedback to design and product teams
- Design detailed, comprehensive and well-structured standards, test plans, and test cases to evaluate hardware quality.
- Devise sampling procedures and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Provide design and product teams with product and component FMEA
- Provide design tradeoff studies
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Identify, record, document, and track issues
- Provide failure analysis and corrective action resolution and guidance
- Perform thorough verification testing when issues are resolved
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of non-compliant material
- Translate design requirements to manufacturing requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing methods, testing tools, and test strategies
- Proven success in hardware quality control
- Strong knowledge of hardware QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing and executing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject
Other stuff that would be cool, but we can live without it:
- You like wine
- Familiarity with ProE
- Familiarity with Solidworks
- 90% company-paid medical, vision & dental plans for employees and their families
- Unlimited time off – we measure performance, not time spent
- 401K Plan with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee stock option plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email your resume to email@example.com