Dania Beach, Florida
Senior Hardware Quality Control Engineer
Dania Beach, Florida
Plum is the first appliance to transform wine consumption at home and in hotels rooms, letting consumers enjoy any bottle of wine – one perfect glass at a time. We believe the future is a Plum in every wine lover’s home or built into their kitchen cabinetry with the ability to dispense a glass, share the winery story, or re-order a bottle – all at a touch.
We are looking for a Quality Control (QC) engineer to develop and execute tests to ensure product quality.
QC Engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, root cause investigations and corrective action implementation verification.
The QC Engineer’s role plays an important part in Plum’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests during prototype phases and before product launches to ensure hardware runs smoothly and per specification, while being cost-effective.
The QC Engineer will monitor all stages of product development to identify and resolve system and component malfunctions to meet quality standards and requirements.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide feedback to design and product teams
- Provide design and product team with product and component FMEA
- Provide design tradeoff studies
- Design detailed, comprehensive and well-structured standards, test plans, and test cases to evaluate hardware quality.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Devise sampling procedures and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality and reliability data
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track issues
- Provide failure analysis and corrective action guidance
- Perform thorough verification testing when issues are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of non-compliant material
- Translate design requirements to manufacturing requirements
- Stay up-to-date with new testing methods, testing tools, and test strategies
- Proven work experience in product development
- Proven work experience in hardware quality control
- Strong knowledge of hardware QC methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing and executing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- BS/MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject
Other stuff that would be cool, but we can live without it:
- You like wine
- Familiarity with ProE
- Familiarity with Solidworks
- 90% company-paid medical, vision & dental plans for employees and their families
- Unlimited time off – we measure performance, not time spent
- 401K Plan with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee stock option plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org