Dania Beach, FL
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Dania Beach, FL
Plum is the first appliance to transform wine consumption at home and in hotel rooms, letting consumers enjoy any bottle of wine – one perfect glass at a time. We believe the future is a Plum in every wine lover’s home or built into their kitchen cabinetry with the ability to dispense a glass, share the winery story, or re-order a bottle – all at a touch.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be well versed in CREO/Pro-Engineer 3D CAD design, an expert in high volume manufacturing, and will work closely with our electrical, industrial design, manufacturing, and product teams to help design groundbreaking appliances that seamlessly integrate hardware, software, and cloud services to build transformational user experiences. We are looking for candidates who are creative, energetic team players who excel in a very fast-paced, hands-on environment.
Please include examples of your previous work.
- Able to develop innovative concepts and designs for components, assemblies, and overall device using 3D CAD (SolidWorks). The designs should support high volume manufacturing and meet all of the product requirements
- Research and evaluate components and sub-systems based on product development, engineering, and product roadmap requirements
- Partner with our engineering and product management teams to review design requirements and review component sources that can meet our volume, quality, and cost requirements and drive technical decisions that are aligned to strategic sourcing goals
- Assists in all facets of the regulatory approvals process, including participating in component and system level design reviews, test plan preparation, and issue resolution
- Continuously research and monitor the industry and report on significant activities in the areas of new technologies and new manufacturing techniques
- Support supplier performance reviews, factory audits and supplier risk assessments
- Review production designs and execute value engineering activities to achieve product cost reductions, reduce BOM risk and enable long-term manufacturability by proactively identifying and recommending additional component sources
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university
- 5 years minimum relevant experience, 8+ preferred
- Expert knowledge of CREO/Pro-Engineer. Top down design, surfacing, and master modeling.
- Experience working on products that have high volume manufacturing greatly preferred
- Understanding of refrigeration, high pressure systems, fluid dynamics, and electric motors desired
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to rapidly build prototypes and validate ideas
- Detailed knowledge of prototype production methods
- Expert knowledge of high-volume production fabrication methods
- An ability to balance business and technical objectives in decision-making
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment with less processes to slow you down, but less processes to guide you
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills
Other stuff that would be cool, but hey, we can live without it:
- You like wine
- Familiarity with Solidworks
- 90% company-paid medical, vision & dental plans for employees and their families
- Unlimited time off – we measure performance, not time spent
- 401K Plan with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee stock option plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email your resume to email@example.com