Remote – USA
Sr. User Interface Designer
Remote – USA
Plum is the first appliance to transform wine consumption at home and in hotel rooms, letting consumers enjoy any bottle of wine – one perfect glass at a time. We believe the future is a Plum in every wine lover’s home or built into their kitchen cabinetry with the ability to dispense a glass, share the winery story, or re-order a bottle – all at a touch.
As a Senior UI Designer you will be responsible for leading the design efforts for Plum’s wine appliance and supporting apps and systems. You will work closely with the product team to understand and contribute to product strategy, and turn that into product designs. You’ll work directly with the engineering team as the designs are being implemented to evaluate, iterate, and improve the designs.
You want to continuously improve yourself, the team, and our product. You are respectful of your coworkers and eager to be both a learner and a teacher.
Plum’s software team works remotely, but is centered in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our hardware engineering team is located in Dania Beach, Florida.
This position is open for remote work within the United States.
- Lead the design efforts working in conjunction with product, software, and hardware engineering teams
- Establish and maintain design specifications and style guides
- Build and evaluate multiple versions of designs
- Contribute to product planning and roadmap development
- Design for and support usability testing and A/B testing experiments
- 5+ years of experience doing UI design at consumer focused software companies, ideally with experience in mobile and/or IoT design
- Experience working cross-functionally with engineering, product, marketing, QA, and business teams
- Customer focused at all levels of the design process
- Able to quickly deliver multiple concepts for a project to help lead the team to the best decision through conversation and collaboration
- You have a breadth of skills across UI, UX, and product design
- 90% company-paid medical, vision & dental plans for employees and their families
- Unlimited time off – we measure performance, not time spent
- 401K Plan with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Employee stock option plan
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Email your resume and a link to or PDF of a portfolio sample to firstname.lastname@example.org