Plum Sweeps Top Awards at KBIS 2020: “Best of KBIS – Kitchen Gold” Award and DesignBites “Biggest Bite” Award
Plum’s Fully-Automatic Wine Appliance Receives the Kitchen & Bath Industry’s Most Prestigious Honor, Most Innovative New Product
MIAMI, February 3, 2020 – Plum Inc., the first-ever wine appliance that automatically preserves, chills and serves wine by the glass, today announced it took home two of the most prestigious and sought-after awards from this year’s Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS): Best of KBIS – Kitchen, Gold award and DesignBites’ Biggest Bite award. With more than 2,000 exhibitors and countless products showcased at KBIS, first-time exhibitor, Plum wowed industry experts and judges with its innovative wine appliance, receiving the highest honor of most innovative product this year.
KBIS has been the voice of the kitchen and bath industry for more than 50 years. Best of KBIS is its esteemed annual award program that recognizes the most innovative products in kitchen, bath, smart home and outdoor living.
Plum’s wine appliance holds two standard bottles of wine, automatically identifies any varietal with artificial intelligence, chills each bottle to its ideal serving temperature, and preserves wine for 90 days – offering a new way for people to enjoy wine by the glass with a single touch of a button. Beautifully engineered and designed, Plum is available in a sleek brushed stainless steel with a high-gloss black front. It easily rests on any standard kitchen counter, social space, and has an available trim kit for integration into cabinetry.
“Our goal at Plum is to revolutionize the way consumers enjoy wine – gone are the days of pouring oxidized wine down the drain or compromising on opening either a white or red bottle,” said David Koretz, Founder and CEO of Plum. “We are extremely honored that Plum has been recognized by the highly respected KBIS community with, not one, but two of the most coveted industry awards.”
“After meeting with hundreds of the world’s top designers, architects, and builders at KBIS, it became evident that they share our excitement for the new modern home – where people enjoy fresh coffee by the cup in the morning, and perfectly served wine by the glass in the evening,” said Andreas Hansen, Global Consumer President of Plum. “We’re looking forward to working together to realize our shared vision.”
How Plum works:
- Drop in Any Bottle: Plum works with any standard 750ml bottle, including natural and artificial corks, and even metal screw caps — without removing the foil or closure.
- Motorized Needle: Designed for everyday use, Plum’s patented double-cored needle automatically pierces through the foil and closure, simultaneously extracting wine from the bottle and injecting argon gas to prevent oxidation.
- 150 Bottles of Preservation: Plum comes with a fully reusable argon gas canister that preserves 150 bottles, so you can focus on enjoying your wine rather than swapping argon.
- Silent Cooling: Two thermoelectric solid-state cooling chambers chill each bottle to its ideal temperature automatically — and you can customize the temperature to suit your individual taste.
- Wine Recognition: Each bottle chamber has an integrated HD camera that scans the label and automatically identifies the varietal, vintage, region, winery and wine.
- Customized Servings: Pour a 5-ounce glass, a 1-ounce taste, or customize your serving sizes. Plum’s dual spouts pour each wine directly from the bottle to your glass.
- Automatic Cleaning: Plum has a built-in automated cleaning system, so it’s always ready to pour the perfect glass.
- Customizable Placement: Plum fits perfectly on a standard kitchen countertop, and it can be inserted into customized cabinetry.
Plum is dedicated to transforming how consumers and hotel guests enjoy wine from the bottle to by-the-glass. Launched in 2017, the company was created with a single goal of changing the way wine is served to match the way people live. By combining sophisticated technology and elegant design, Plum is delivering on its mission to bring the perfect glass of wine on demand, every time – preserved and served at its ideal temperature. Plum, Inc. is headquartered in Dania Beach, Florida, with offices in Miami and Palo Alto, California. For love of wineTM.